Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Back To You heroine Lynsey Reznor tells all about Owen Mitchell




This is the next in a series of character interviews I conducted with my Back To You heroine Lynsey Reznor. Lynsey has been kind enough to give us the scoop on some of Unity’s hottest bachelors (and perhaps future heroes?).

Today’s subject is one of Lynsey’s favorite—Owen Mitchell. From the straight laced, buttoned up detective Lynsey met a year earlier, Owen has, shall we say, relaxed quite a bit.


NN: Welcome back, Lynsey. I’m always thrilled to get the scoop on Unity’s available men. I know that Owen Mitchell is one who has a particular interest in you.

LR: I don’t know about that, I do know that Owen is hot to write a true crime book with me about the murder of a wannabe socialite who moonlighted as a hooker. He may have an interest in me, but he has a bigger interest in using my name to get his book published.

NN: I understand that you met Owen in an unusual place.

LR:  I think the correct explanation is I saw him for the first time over an open grave in a cemetery. We were both at the funeral of Nick Lincoln’s wife. We did not converse over her descending coffin. We spoke for the first time at the wake. Just friendly conversation. I got to know him better when I returned to Unity.

NN: I understand that the physical changes in Owen are quite noticeable. Is it true he has platinum teeth?

LR: A few, yes. I sum up Owen Mitchell as a provocateur. The teeth, the long hair, the tattoos, the I don’t give a shit attitude. He’s trying to provoke a reaction. But it’s just a mask…a front. Deep down it is not who he really is.



NN: And you know who he really is?

LR: I have spoken to Owen on a deep level. He has a past that contains a very horrifying event concerning a close family member. Last year, this event resurfaced and led to another horrifying event. It shattered him, and in turn, he changed…maybe not in the best of ways, but he needs to work through it. One thing I do know, he is a very good man beneath it all.

NN: Any chance of anything of a romantic nature between you and Owen?

LR: Owen needs a strong, confident woman in his life. Someone with a tremendous amount of patience. 

NN: That sounds just like you!

LR: At this point in his life, I think he is better on his own until he comes to terms with his past. A friend? Definitely, a lover? …Maybe.  But not a permanent partner. Other than that, I can’t really speak any further about his personal life. I’ve been privy to some of it, and I will not betray his trust with gossip.

NN: Well, Owen certainly does perk my attention. So, since Lynsey seems to have  reached the end of her willingness to divulge any more about Owen Mitchell and his secrets, we’ll say good-bye for now. Thank you Lynsey for this insight!

Next time…Lynsey dishes on bachelor Evan Monroe (and he is an absolute doll!).


To find out more about Owen Mitchell and Lynsey Reznor, be sure to pick up your copy of Back To You, available in both ebook and paperback, as a single story, and as a collection featuring BONUS stories Antique Charming and Remember the Stars.

*All photos are the property of Natalie-Nicole Bates*

Natalie-Nicole's Social Media Links:


Blurb:

On the surface, Lynsey Reznor seems to have it all. She is beautiful, brilliant, and a successful true-crime writer who has been living the past decade in Miami. But what Lynsey lacks is what she needs the most—a family.
After the death of her mother, and yet another failed relationship, Lynsey makes an impulsive decision to return to her hometown of Unity. But Unity will present its own bittersweet memories, most notably, her first love, Nick Lincoln.
Twenty years ago, Nick broke teenager Lynsey’s heart when he decided to marry another. He had his own private reasons—reasons he never explained to Lynsey. Now she is back, along with a chance to reclaim her love. But Lynsey wants answers from him that he may never be able to give out of duty and guilt.

Buy Links